We have had some of our customers ask us: “What is the difference between the Daikin Fit and a traditional air conditioning system?”
To begin to answer this question, let me first state that the Daikin Fit is a side discharge variable speed system.
All residential A/C systems can be broken into three categories:
- 1-Stage Systems (efficiency and comfort control are standard)
- 2-Stage Systems (efficiency and comfort control are better than standard, but not ideal)
- Variable Speed Systems (you have great control of your comfort while maintaining excellent efficiency)
For the sake of clarity, we are going to compare a 1-Stage System and a Daikin Fit system only.
There are a lot of benefits when a consumer chooses to install a Daikin Fit system compared to a standard system:
- Longer run times means the A/C system will adjust its cooling or heating output capacity to what the home requires at any given time. For example, in the middle of the night your home may only require 40% of the A/C system’s “effort” because the sun is not out and the outside temperature has dropped. As the sun rises and outside temperature increases, the Fit system will automatically increase its cooling “effort” to meet your desired temperature. A standard 1-stage system, on the other hand, has only one stage: On.
- Greater comfort means the Daikin Fit will produce a more even temperature in the home and remove more humidity than a standard A/C system. Since the Fit is a fully communicating system, the thermostat can make changes not only on temperature, but also on the humidity in the home. The Daikin One thermostat will automatically adjust itself for max humidity removal when needed. If you are hosting guests, it will also automatically increase the cooling to compensate for the extra heat load. In any case, an A/C system that will adjust to your lifestyle and needs is, simply put, smart.
- Higher efficiency means less of your money is spent on your electric bill each month. The inverter compressor is the heart of the Daikin Fit system. Since it varies its capacity depending what your home requires, there is typically a 30% or more energy reduction compared to standard 1-stage systems.
- Design benefits means the compact size and footprint of the Daikin Fit is considerably smaller than traditional A/C systems. The depth of the Fit ranges from 12.6” to 13.8” with clearance space as little as 4” from a wall.
- Low sound levels means the Fit not only works with limited space, but is very quiet with the ability to reach sound level as low as 56db(A). A traditional A/C system usually operates in the range of 69 to 79 db.
- Blue Fin Corrosion Coating means longer condenser coil life and reliability.
- 12-Year Warranties mean peace of mind. The Fit is backed by a 12-year parts warranty and 12-year unit replacement warranty compared to the 10 year parts only warranty offered on standard A/C systems.
As you can see, there are many benefits when you choose to install a Daikin Fit system as opposed to a traditional air conditioning and heating system. If you would like more information or to receive a free estimate from one of our Comfort Advisors, please call or text us at (941) 485-2222!