An air conditioning system helps keep your home cool, clean, and comfortable. But installing or replacing one can cost thousands of dollars. Most people don’t have this kind of money lying around. However, there are various options for funding your purchase. We’ll look at a few of them and highlight the facts and benefits of AC financing.
How to Finance Your HVAC System
There are several AC financing options. You can finance the purchase of a new unit, the replacement of an old system, or the costs of installation and modifying your home to accommodate a new HVAC system. Financing can cover the cost of parts, repairs, and maintenance as well. The option you choose can often be tailored to fit your needs.
Some avenues you can take include:
- Home Equity Loans: If you’ve built equity on your house, you can borrow against it with the help of a bank, lender, or credit union. Secured by your home, the loan may have a lower interest rate, and interest payments may be tax deductible, although missing payments can risk losing your home.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): With a HELOC, you get a line of credit to use as you need it. This works almost like a credit card. You can borrow up to your credit limit and repay as you borrow. However, you must have home equity to qualify for a HELOC, and interest rates are usually variable.
- Credit Cards: The interest rates on credit cards are relatively high, but using a credit card to cover the cost of minor work is an option for most. Look for cards with bonuses or an introductory 0% APR. But if you carry a balance, you’ll just be adding to your debt and interest payments.
Why Consider AC Financing?
If you’re approved for AC financing, your home equity or a credit card aren’t necessary. You don’t need to have perfect credit either. Many HVAC companies partner with established lending agencies. When your credit isn’t perfect, you can still have the best AC system for your home. And if you have good to excellent credit, you may get a lower interest rate.
Other perks include:
- Cover AC costs with affordable monthly payments
- Low-cost options, including 0% APR
- Fixed interest rates and flexible terms
How Do I Get Approved?
Once you choose an AC financing option, fill out the application, provide proof of your monthly income, and select the type of financing you need. Then sign the agreement. The process usually takes under ten minutes and you’ll receive a decision about whether your financing is approved. If so, you can go ahead and purchase your system, have it installed, or schedule AC repair.
Financing options vary, but they often come with opportunities for discounts. At Tri County Air, you can save by prepaying or paying off your loan early. In Florida, financing rebates and energy rebates are sometimes available to homeowners and businesses. Plus, you can always take advantage of our HVAC system pricing specials.
Apply for AC Financing with Tri County Air
We offer financing by GreenSky, with reduced-rate and no interest options; Synchrony Bank, with a dedicated credit line; and Renew Financial. Their RenewPACE financing is repaid on your property taxes at a fixed interest rate over a 5- to 25-year period. Our team will help you determine the best financing option, so you never have to worry. Learn more about our AC financing and apply today, or call 941-841-3688 for more information.