What is a UV light?
- A UV light is a HVAC accessory that uses ultraviolet light to improve your indoor air quality.
What is a UV light used for?
- A single, double, triple, or quadruple ultraviolet light (depending on the size and need of your home and air conditioning system) is installed in the condensing unit to give you cleaner indoor air by keeping your condensing coil clean.
What are the benefits of having a UV Light?
- UV lights are great for people with asthma or allergies because it improves your indoor air quality. It is important to keep in mind that the EPA says indoor air pollution is five times greater than outdoor air pollution.
- UV lights work with your existing air conditioning and heating system, so you do not have to install a new air conditioning and heating system in order to get a UV light kit.
- UV lights are most effective at killing microbes because of their short wave-length. This enables the ultraviolet light to penetrate the cell walls of microorganisms and scramble their DNA.
- UV lights work to prevent prevent microbial spores from reproducing. When the ultraviolet light scrambles the DNA of the cells, it changes them so they are no longer able to reproduce. This hinders the growth of mold and mildew.
- A UV light can increase the longevity of your A/C system by keeping your condenser coil clean. A cleaner coil also leads to better efficiency of your air conditioning and heating system.
- UV lights work to prevent mold, mildew, bacteria, and viruses.
Do you think a UV light kit may be right for you?
If you think you could use a UV light kit at your home and you would like to see how much one would cost, please contact us today!