The condition of your HVAC system has a direct impact on indoor air quality. Poor drainage can reduce performance and allow for mold and mildew to grow. Clogged/dirty filters, air ducts, and A/C components can contribute to poor air quality as well. You can protect your system to avoid these problems, humidity issues, and concerns over viruses, bacteria, dust, particulates, and a host of pollutants.
Having clean air at home is extremely important. Pollution can affect your comfort, health, and well-being as well as strain your cooling and heating system. Fortunately, there are some easy ways to protect it that are very effective at improving air quality in your home. We will explain a few key areas where you can start.
Protect Your Drain Line
If you find your system regularly shuts off or is dripping water at your air handler, you may be suffering from a clogged drain line. This issue is very common and also very easy to prevent on your own. The following steps will protect your drain line, keep your air conditioning system working efficiently, and may also reduce service calls:
- Pour 1 cup of distilled white vinegar down your drain line each month and flush with hot water.
- At your regular maintenance appointment, your technician may recommend treating your drain line with Drain Solve or another drain line deep cleaning agent. The frequency recommended will change based on your specific application, the age of your drain line, and how it was installed.
Install and Maintain UV Lights
UV Lights, installed on the return side of the evaporator coil and in the blower compartment of your air handler(s), prevent mold and mildew buildup inside your air conditioning system. Mold and mildew thrive in dark, damp environments like that found inside your air handler, especially in Florida.
Installing and maintaining UV lights keep mold and mildew at bay, which keeps your air conditioning system clean and working as efficiently as possible. Remember, a clean air conditioning system is one aspect of great indoor air quality.
Install Surge Protectors
Surge protectors should be installed on both the air handler and condenser to prevent equipment failure due to power surges. In your HVAC equipment, there are various sensitive electronics, like motors, that are hyper-sensitive to power surges and lightning strikes. Often, equipment failure due to power surges are not covered under the manufacturer warranty and can be quite costly.
- One of the best ways to protect your investment in your HVAC system is to protect your HVAC system with a surge protector. Although not invincible, a surge protector is the best defense against power surges. It absorbs the surge and channels it to ground instead of having the surge hit your HVAC system.
Surge protectors are a common practice in protecting electronics. Many times, surge protectors are used to protect your TV, computer, and other household electronics. Why not have a surge protector that protects your comfort and indoor air quality?
Install Air Purifiers
An air purifier doesn’t only have to serve one small area. At Tri County Air, we offer more sophisticated air purification equipment for your air conditioning system that can work for your entire home. Here are some examples of our indoor air quality solutions:
REME HALO and REME HALO LED
The REME HALO and the REME HALO LED are in-duct whole-home air purification systems. They reduce both airborne and surface contaminants and pollutants through bi-polar ionization and REME technology in every cubic inch of air-conditioned space. The goal of REME products is to improve indoor air quality and eliminate sick building syndrome risks by neutralizing odors, particulates, air pollutants, VOCs, smoke, mold, viruses, and bacteria.
- Inactivates SARS-CoV-2 by 99.9%, commonly known as the coronavirus 2019 or COVID-19
- Kills 99+% of H1N1 Swine Flu on surfaces
- 99% reduction of surface bacteria/viruses
- Over 85% VOC reduction
- 99% of microbes in human sneeze killed at 3 feet
- 97% reduction of airborne bacteria
- 99% reduction in Ecoli, Listeria, Strep, Tuberculosis, Bird Flu, etc.
- 85% odor reduction
- 97% airborne mold reduction
- US Military approved for mold protection in field hospitals
- Hospital approved for infectious diseases – US and International –Achieved 99% reduction of Staph (MRSA) in tests
- Major US city schools have reported 20% reductions in absenteeism
Austin Air Purifier
The only clinically proven, medical-grade air purifier.
“There is no silver bullet for excellent indoor air quality, but the Austin Air HEPA filter works well and I highly recommend it. I’ve tested the majority of the air cleaners available on the market and this one is the best. I have personally been using the Austin Air Purifier in my home for nearly two decades!” -William Swanson, Owner of Tri County Air
Air Quality Solutions from Tri County Air
Our team is ready to help improve indoor air quality and protect the air conditioning system in your Florida home. Several options are available that can eliminate pollutants and improve the function and efficiency of HVAC equipment. We offer specials and financing options to help you afford to ensure your family’s health, safety, and comfort. Learn more about our air quality solutions, maintenance plans, and duct insulating/replacement services, or schedule service, by calling 941-485-2222 today!