We believe prayer is the most critical foundation for God’s work here. “Prayer Warriors” who feel called to this work are helping us on the “front lines” of battle, believing Him for miracles that will advance His Kingdom in our region.
Those who have received God’s comfort and feel called to “pass it on” to others in need are loving people through practical, hands-on, service… helping people experience “Jesus with skin on”, one heart at a time.
Seasoned, mature Christians who feel called to help others discover, deepen, develop and share their faith are helping us “make disciples”, in fulfillment of the Great Commission.
WHAT WE DON’T DO
- We do not provide mental health counseling. We seek to be sensitive to a person’s need for licensed, professional help… and provide referrals to appropriate resources, as we are able.
- We do not violate confidentiality. We know it is vital that we earn the trust of those who are hurting, and we recognize the important of guarding whatever information they have entrusted to us in their vulnerability.
- We do not force our faith on people. We seek to meet and love people where they are, and to be in step with the Holy Spirit. We do pray for sensitivity, discernment and boldness… that we may willingly share the love, grace and truth of Jesus Christ whenever, wherever and however He directs.
WHAT WE DO
- We come alongside those who are in need and want our help… seeking to “love our neighbor” and to use our gifts and talents provide comfort, as we are able.
- We treat everyone with respect and dignity, regardless of their background, circumstances or spiritual condition… knowing that we are all are created in the image of God.
- We mobilize practical, “hands on” help, as needed, for those we serve. We find and tap internal and/or external community resources, as appropriate, to provide help in many diverse areas.
- We keep all client information confidential…sharing only what clients give us permission to share in order to secure additional help for them.
- In every personal encounter, we look for clues to the person’s spiritual condition, and opportunities to initiate a “spiritual conversation” that could begin to help them turn toward God.
- We invest in people… meeting each person where they are spiritually and, as the Holy Spirit opens the door, sharing God’s truth with gentleness and respect.
- We share the Gospel with everyone who is open (using Navigators” Bridge Illustration and any other available means” and lead individuals to Christ when they are ready.
- We recruit volunteers and develop a network of Intercessors, Care Givers and Spiritual Mentors and love, train, encourage and support them as needed.
- We interview and create a network of resources to meet client needs, including churches, non-profit organizations and other community resources.